Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Employee of the month

At the opening institute for special education in August, the district supervisor announced a new program for the year. The district staff will be selecting an employee of the month. The recipient will have a sign reserving their chosen parking spot for the month, a signed and framed certificate, and $50.00. Last Thursday, our principal announced to the school that I was the special education district employee for Sept. My students were as thrilled as I was. The district supervisor, Tony Done, and principal Lance Hatch brought the certificate and $50.00. They had me choose my parking spot, and visited with my class. It was fun, and rewarding to be the first recipient.
Les and I left for Provo the next morning. We had an appointment to have the transmission power flushed and inspected for its yearly evaluation. We made it in time. Everything looked great. We figure the lifetime warrenty will be paid for within a few years.
We got to see Kristie's family. We spent an evening there visiting with Kristie, Stan, and Elora. The older girls were at a seminary activity. It was still fun. Led even forgot to watch BYU's football game. I was able to stay in the house for several hours even though they had just finished painting the whole house! I do like my new lifestyle from working with NAET and Rhett.
We spent time with Grandpa, Cheryl, Janet, and Barbe. Chris's Stephanie got baptized. So we saw all his family. Cousin Heather is in England for a couple weeks doing geneology. Aunt Janet got her first check ($750.00) for ghost writing. She'll get that much more when she finishes the book. She is just waiting for a couple changes to be authorized, and she'll be done.
Dad and I went on several dates while we were up there. We enjoyed the new Soldiers' Summit rest area. It is now down on the straight part of the highway where it is visible from both directions. It is at Tie Fork. It is very pleasant as is the new highway through that area.
It was a nice break.
We hope all of you are doing well. We love and miss you. Please write or call to keep us updated.
Love Mom

No comments: