Saturday, August 30, 2008

Blog With Them All











Now it seems almost everyone has a blog, so we'd better get started too! It will be convenient to post news and photos in one central location, as Des and Heather are doing for their southward trip, so as to maybe break the Wikle tradition of so often not often communicating with each other.

Kristie has proposed not making a big thing about exchanging Christmas presents, due partly to how scattered the family is getting, the cost of shipping anything, and so forth. Sounds good to us. I think she's contacted all immediate family by now as to your input. I suggested either/and hand-made Christmas cards (only takes 45 cents to send) and exchanging news and photos via the free internet services, since most all of us are on the Internet. She said Steven (or Brian???) of Stan's family had told them about Ventrilo (yes, only one "l"), something to be able to talk with each other on the Internet. I've got the website and will check in a while about it.

Will post news and more info later...for now just some old photos and this note to get started.

Love to all, Dad and Mom

4 comments:

Emy W. said...

Welcome to the blogging world! I love the pictures you have up!

troy said...

Great pics! I had forgotten about that wallpaper. I'm my happy usual little self in this picture too! Thanks for all the patience and experiences growing up.
Our blog is troyrebekah.blogspot.com if you're interested.

Janet Walgren said...

Congratulations on your new blog. I have all the family blogs that I know about on my blog roll and will put yours on there too. Dad loves to read them when he comes over for Sunday dinner.

Cheryl and I spent the afternoon scanning in family photo albums so hopefully by Christmas we will have everything scanned and ready to share.

Heather is busy entering the family history and journals in to the notes on PAF so everyone will have copies of those as well. She is in New York until Tuesday and then goes to Philadelphia for a genealogy conference and hopes to get in some research while she's there.

This will make it so much easier to share. Wahoo!

When you post photos set the target as bland or open in a new window. That way your viewers will stay in your blog when they close the photos:)

Love you, Janet

Janet Walgren said...

Yep, I knew it... there's not much news in Monticello:)

Hey Poco, you're supposed to write something occasionally.

Love ya!