Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Weekend Trip Sept.
We went vacationing this weekend. Friday we went up to Mancos and the lake where we used to camp. Then drove home for the night. Saturday, we went up the river road at Moab to Castle Valley. There are quite a few homes up there. We took pictures of the "site" of Historic Castleton and the Castleton Cemetary. Most of the graves lost whatever markers they had long ago.We went part way up the loop road and then retraced and went to Fruita, CO. It was their Fall Festival. The Air Show was just finishing for the day. So we saw the last loop-d-loop of a Red Bull type plane. We wandered through the Street Fair and Dad treated me to a camel ride (with picture). I explained that we each have a hump, we just carry them differently. We drove back down the Colorado till we found what we thought was an empty camping spot. About 10:45 we were interupted by a guy from CA who very indignitely informed us it was his. So we left and drove up the overlook road by Wind Whistle. We spent the rest of the night at the intersection of the 2 roads. Sunday, we drove to each of the overlooks, drove back to Moab, and then went home so Dad could get a nap before work. We had enough fun to try some more weekend trips. We'll let you know about them when they happen. Love ya all. Mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
LOVE THE CAMEL!!!!
YEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAW!!!!!! YAY CAMEL RIDE!!
It sounds like you had a fun weekend trip! You'll have to keep us updated with more fun stories.
It was good to talk to you the other day. I'm excited to see some old pictures of uncle Ricky. The book I was telling you about is "Steel My Soldier's Hearts" by Colonel David H. Hackworth if you are interested in looking it up. It doesn't talk about Ricky specifically but it does mention his name and it talks about the conditions his battalion had to deal with.
Hi Becca,
What fun. I've never ridden a camel. It sounds like you had a great time. Make sure to post some more pictures.
Today I helped Barbe start a blog. She actually came over to learn how to find other family member's blogs so I created a blogroll for her on her blog. Now all she has to do is to remember how to get on her blog:)
It has been fun to keep up by reading the blogs. I'm especially fond of Emily's - she's a hoot and I love her humor.
Love you lots,
Janet
I guess I should tell you what Barbe's blogs name is. It is http://HowInTheHeckDidIGetHere.wordpress.com
Janet, we haven't been able to get into Barbe's blog. How do you do it? love ya becca
Janet, we haven't been able to get into Barbe's blog. How do you do it? Thanks love Becca
Ooops! I put an in in the name. Here is the link: http://howtheheckdidigethere.wordpress.com/
We just got it set up and she hasn't written anything yet. When she gets home today she will delete everything I wrote and start writing her own stuff. I just got her started "trained" lol.
My next blogging victim is grandpa. We went on a ride over the loop after conference and he took a lot of photos for Barbe. At one point I started to laugh when I realized that there would hundreds of photos of the side bar and dashboard of Barbe's minivan.
Life's too fun:)
Post a Comment