Tuesday, July 7, 2009

vacation

I just came home from a fun family filled couple of weeks! Des and kids came to visit for a week (a while ago). Dad and I went camping a couple of times. Brian and family came through and took me with them when they left.
We camped at Natural Bridges. We all hiked to the bottom of Owachima (sp?) Bridge. The cloud cover, water bottles, and many rest stops made it possible for me and the kids to do our own hiking! The other bridges we just saw from the view points.
We went on the ferry at Lake Powell. Fun. My second time in as many months after living here for 33 years with never being on it.
Then to Capitol Reef where we camped again. Very pleasant camp grounds both nights. Lovely scenery and pleasant weather.
We stopped in Richfield to see Joce's uncle. Then took his recommendation for going on up the state. That fortuitously put us in Aurora(sp?) just in time for free lunches for children at the park, where we had stopped for squiggle time.
I was dropped off at Grandps Walgren's for a week.
We had family dinners at Kristie's. Marc's, Kristie's, Des, Brian's, Troy's, me, and various Walgren's enjoyed Stan and Kristie and girls' hospitality 3 days running.
It was wonderful meeting Makena. She is darling. Everyone took as many turns as possible to hold and welcome her.
Now we're waiting to greet Cora!
Grandma Lillie Wikle caught a ride with Kevin and Vicki to Grandpa Walgren's so she could see whoever was in the area. Les drove up and Des saw her before she went to her friend Eva's. Kevin and Vicki also had Jared with them. He is just back from his mission.
I came home with Dad. Brian and Joce stayed here last night and are trying to get to Texas tonight. They had a friend going home with them.
It was wonderful to have time with everyone. It's fun to be home. I love all of you.
Be happy.
Love Grandma Becca

4 comments:

Emy W. said...

Aw, pretty much everyone but us! Maybe we'll be able to make it out for a visit... sometime? Hopefully?

We're excited for you to come visit us, though!

Les and Rebecca Wikle said...

We sure are hoping so.
I'm very excited to get to come see you guys!

Joce said...

We had such a great time camping and hiking around with you! Let's do it again. Good luck getting ready for Pennsylvania.

Emy W. said...

It's too bad you haven't put up anything about meeting Cora; with all the other updates on the other grandchildren, I'd hoped you would have had something to post about our girl.