Tuesday, October 7, 2008

We love DIGITAL!



In our "old days" of 35mm film (do you kids even remember?), a roll would be 24 or 36 exposures, cost a lot for the initial film, and then cost more to develop it. And you never knew beforehand how the pictures would turn out! Overexposed? Underexposed? Was a lens cap left on so everything was black? Then it took about a week to get the pictures back from the store, and if anything was wrong it was too late to retake anything for things like a birthday party or such. In the past times, I figured that each picture cost about 35 cents, regardless of how it turned out. This made it so you were reluctant to take any more pictures than needed, and it was traumatic if a little one wanted to get the thrill of using your camera to take "a picture", that might turn out to be several pictures, each at 35 cents (in 1960-1970 costs, that would be lots more now!).

Here's a picture of the mountain I took yesterday (Monday 06 Oct), and it shows the horsehead up good with the recent dusting of snow. I tried to add other photos yesterday, but got into a loop where NOTHING would publish, so I'll stick to this one, and add another post without comments to try to get more than one picture. (I'm still one step below the "starter beginning novice" category! (P.S. I guess all of you know that you can left-click on any of the pictures to get a full-screen image that you can save for your own family files. I didn't know about the full-screen thing until 2 weeks ago...by accident.)

Love, Dad...Les...Paco

1 comment:

troy said...

Cool pics! Makes me miss good old Monticello more and more. We don't get seasons here. Just hot and muggy or cool and muggy. Hope all's well and that you're having fun over there. If you're interested, we've got several hundred pics online @ kodakgallery.com. Log in with my email (twikle1@yahoo.com) and use Homam3 as a password. Gotta go but take care and see ya.